Royal Museum of the Armed Forces and Military History

The Royal Museum of the Armed Forces and Military History (French: Musée Royal de l’Armée et d’Histoire Militaire, Dutch: Koninklijk Museum van het Leger en de Krijgsgeschiedenis, often abbreviated to KLM-MRA) is a military museum that occupies the two northernmost halls of the historic complex in Cinquantenaire Park in Brussels, Belgium. The collection originally consisted of a set of exhibits collected by an officer, Louis Leconte.[citation needed] Approximately 900 pieces were brought together, the collection was later heavily enriched by legacies, gifts and exchanges. Leconte was particular in choosing from equipment abandoned by the Germans in 1918. Today, it is possible to find uniforms, weapons, vehicles and military equipment of a number of periods and countries there. Important developments include: 1980 — opening of the armour section 1986 — armour collection moved from the northernmost hall 1996 — opening of the marine section Aviation hall[edit] The north wing, built by Gideon Bordiau, has been occupied by the aviation hall since 1972 when the Air and Space gallery was inaugurated.[citation needed] The collection includes various types of aircraft, both military and civilian, some dating back to the early twentieth century, while the most recent additions include a F-16 Fighting Falcon and Westland Sea King. The collection is one of the largest in the world. Source: Wikipedia

All shots in this set were taken in August 2003